Thursday 23 December 2010

Save Our Forests *

Imagine the following forests and woodlands being fenced off or logged, or turned into Center Parcs and golf courses - Forest of Dean, New Forest, Sherwood Forest, parts of Dartmoor managed by the Forestry Commission - and sign this petition against it... now!! Defra announced the plans in a letter to MPs on 29 October. I missed this the first time round, and nearly missed it this time round too. So bear with me if you've already protested. 38 Degrees have provided a short campaign briefing. The Forest of Dean has mobilised a Hands off our Forest campaign. I'd better not add what I think of our current 'government'.

In other news, I have made bread for the first time since leaving Broad Marston and the thumb incident. It was good to get back to it, but kneading was hard work! Preparations are continuing for Christmas. We have sang the last of the Great Os, 'O Emmanuel'. The product of seasonal tree-logging will be decorated tomorrow.

* I know there are lots of other things to protest about. This issue seemed to me to be in the spirit of the blog, and I am very angry about it. Thanks.

1 comment: