Sunday 13 March 2011

Fairtrade fortnight


It's the last day of Fairtrade fortnight, and I have been musing on the Fairtrade logo and how we all see things differently. I always saw it as a road, with a field on the left and the sky and sun on the right. But I recently read that others see a green leaf, or a blue parrot, or a person waving their arm.

Seeing the logo through others' eyes has changed it for me; it's gained more meaning and become richer. But on the shadow side, it has annoyed me, as I now mainly see the person and I want to keep my view as the road. It's only a small example, but illustrates a more general principle of how we get along with other people, interpret the news, and so on.

This morning's gospel was the Temptations of Jesus. Thank you to Peter for pointing me to this amazing video of illustrations by Simon Smith.

2 comments:

  1. I can't see this arm waving thing. It looks like a road, or a blue and green pacman type monster. Or maybe a blue fish swimming past an aquatic plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! definately a parrot

    ReplyDelete