Wednesday 2 March 2011

Circling buzzards

Eleven plum and pear trees planted this morning. Proper job! Now on to the soft fruit...

Apparently, there were five buzzards circling in the distance towards Bredon, but I could only see one slightly separate from the others. My eyesight is not particularly good, and I need to ask my opticians to change my lens-by-post subscription to match my nine-month-old updated prescription, but perhaps I was looking in the wrong direction.

After lunch, I walked north down to the stream. Another buzzard was circling close above the ridge and furrow, fading south west as I approached. The stream is as low as I've seen it. The section fenced off for drinking (with scaffolding poles and barbed wire) is very clogged, and there's a lovely back-up of surface gunge; a possible job for someone on Friday morning, assuming it doesn't rain in the interim. A ladybird dozed in the sun, brilliant scarlet against the blackthorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment