Thursday 20 January 2011

Trials and tribulations

"Hopefully (I keep saying that!) things will be fine now", wrote I yesterday. This morning, we had hot water, but again no heating. Being a bit blurry in the morning, I assumed it was one of the old problems, and only realised that my thermostat display was blank at 7.30am. So I thought I'd wander down to the distribution board, and found that the circuit to the thermostats had tripped. I switched it back on, only for it to trip again after about 20 minutes. The electrician was in the building to do some other work, and tried switching them all off, and on again one by one, and then setting them to call for heat one by one. But it was all working, and still is at the time of writing (hopefully!). Just another of those little mysteries.

I need to go back to writing about my nature observations, rather than the trials and tribulations of the mechanical and electrical system. Unfortunately, the only walk I managed today was to the end of the drive and back to look for a possible external water meter, and the only things I observed were manifold manhole covers. But it was a lovely frosty day.

No comments:

Post a Comment